Beginner Dog Obedience Class
Included in the curriculum are commands such as sit, down, stay, and come plus leash walking instructions and even a couple of tricks! Students will also learn how to teach their pets to wait at the doorway, how to sit for petting, and how to “leave it!”. Our courses are family-friendly- children age 8 and up are strongly encouraged to attend and be active participants in their dog’s learning. The class will be held inside and limited to 3 dogs. Due to COVID, we are limiting attendance to two handlers per dog.
Registration: April 12-May 14.
Kid’s Clinic: Learn How to Speak Dog
“Love Them Train Them” values the importance of keeping children safe around pets by teaching them to understand the ways that dogs communicate. Learning will be interactive and hands-on as the children role-play how to handle difficult situations with their pets.
- Be a dog detective! Students will learn canine body language.
- Learn what the “bite zone” is and how to avoid it.
- Learn how to properly pet dogs to avoid frightening them or getting snapped at.
- Learn what to do if approached by a stray dog.
- Learn when it’s not okay to approach their own dog or a friend’s dog and what to do if they growl.
Space is limited. Registration: April 12-June 18.
Celebrate the “Dog Days of Summer” – National Dog Day
Stop by the Pelham Dog Park and let your furry friends run and romp together. Bring a chair, grab a bite from a food truck and enjoy the park! We will have music, food trucks, “doggie pools” and a special treat for “Fido”.
Registration not required but encouraged: April 12-August 23.