Test Proctoring Policy
As part of the Pelham Public Library’s mission to provide lifelong learning, free test proctoring services are offered to students(subject to availability of personnel, facilities, and technology required).The reference department is the point of contact for this service.
The student will:
- Agree to adhere to all library guidelines when testing at Pelham Public Library.
- Be the liaison between the school and the proctor.
- After a test time has been scheduled with the library, arrange for the test or password (s) to be sent to the library.
- Contact the library at least one day prior to the test to be sure it has arrived.
- Contact the library at least one day in advance to schedule an exam.
- Bring a picture ID, student ID, pens/pencils and a basic calculator if required.
- Provide addressed envelopes and stamps for postage, if required for returning completed test results to school.
- Relinquish use of personal laptops, cell phones,Blackberry’s, etc, if required by the school. The library cannot provide a secure or locked area for these devices.
- Call to cancel at least 24 hours prior if unable to keep reserved testing time. Failure to do so may result in loss of proctor privileges.
The library will:
- Provide a designated contact number, email address, and address. Correspondence will be handled via email, phone, or in person.
- Provide a testing area, located in our reference department,with library staff supervision, from 10 am to 30 minutes prior to closing time.If a quiet, self-contained testing area is required, the library may suggest another facility offering proctoring services.
- Provide a laptop, if needed, for the student to use for online testing. However, we will not download testing software that is not compatible with our network.
- Check the student’s photo ID.
- Provide and collect all scratch paper
- Report any perceived violation of the posted exam rules to the school.
- Maintain a file for the student that will contain this signed agreement and a copy of the student’s photo ID for six months after the designated testing time.
- Forward tests via email or mail at the student’s expense.
Limits to proctoring service:
- Due to limited staffing, staff will not be able to proctor exams over 2 hours long.
- Pelham Public Library (PPL) cannot guaranty proctoring service without 24 hour advance notice.
- PPL will not accommodate requests for unscheduled proctoring.
- PPL will not proctor an exam brought in by the student.
- PPL cannot guarantee that technical problems will not occur when using the library computers.
- PPL will not be responsible for tests that are interrupted by library emergencies, power failures, or computer hardware/software failures.
- PPL will not be responsible for any delayed tests or for completed tests once they leave the library’s possession and have been sent to the school.
- If test results/materials are to be returned to the school by mail, PPL will send them promptly but cannot make a guarantee that the testing institution will receive them by a specific date.
- PPL reserves the right to substitute a proctor if the original proctor is unavailable.
- PPL reserves the right to decline to administer tests that are staff intensive.
The full version of the Test Proctoring Policy (PDF) is available for download and printing.