- Administration (clerical support, accounting/financial support)
- Engineering (City Engineer)
- Ballantrae Golf Club
- Building Inspections and GIS
- Human Resources
- Facilities Maintenance and Landscape
- Parks and Recreation
- Pelham Civic Complex & Ice Arena
- Public Works (laborers for maintenance and repair of streets and other community areas)
- Garage (mechanics to support operation and maintenance of all city vehicles)
We encourage you to complete an online application and submit it via email. We will retain your application on file for 60 days. (You may also forward a copy of your resume.) The City of Pelham ensures that all individuals have an equal opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, or national origin. The City of Pelham is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is E-Verify compliant.
Current Employment Opportunities:
Ballantrae Golf Club
GOLF COURSE CART/BAG ATTENDANT - PART TIME
Part time up to 30 hours a week. Rate of pay is $7.50 an hour plus tips. Schedule includes weekday/weekend mornings and afternoons. Must be 16 years of age with a valid driver's license.
Job duties include friendly customer service, assisting golfers with bags upon arrival and departure, cleaning and restocking golf carts and picking up range balls from the driving range.
GRILL/BEVERAGE CART ATTENDANT - PART TIME
Part time up to 30 hours a week. Rate of pay is $9.00 an hour plus tips. Schedule includes weekday/weekend mornings and afternoons. Must be 21 years of age with a valid driver's license.
Job duties include friendly customer service, cooking breakfast and lunch items, operating a point of sale system, grill cleanliness, driving a beverage cart on the golf course and the sale of beverages and food to the golfers.
Civic Complex and Ice Arena
Development Services & Public Works
The City of Pelham is currently accepting applications for the full time position of Library Specialist at the City of Pelham Library. This position primarily assists the Youth Services Supervisor by helping patrons in the Children’s Department, planning and implementing storytimes and programs for children, and providing outreach services to area daycares. Other tasks include checking books in and out, issuing library cards, assisting library patrons in locating materials, using the online public access catalogs, shelving books, using the public copier, and assisting other Librarians with a variety of library functions and tasks.
Essential Job Duties:
• Planning and implementing programming for children birth to 11, including storytime, and outreach services to area daycares.
• Checks materials in and out, issues library cards, places holds, assists library patrons in locating materials and using the public copier.
• Mainly staffs the desk in Children’s Department, but will also assist at Circulation Desk, Teen Department and Reference Department as needed. Answers patron’s questions and assists them with finding materials in person and over the phone.
• Assists children and/or their caregivers find appropriate reading material based on reading level, subject matter and interests.
• Returns materials to shelves, straightens and organizes library shelves so that patrons may quickly and easily locate materials.
• Collects fines, makes change, uses credit card machine.
• Processes hold requests, pulls items, attaches appropriate covers, routes to other libraries or routes to holds shelf.
• Uses Polaris system for a variety of library functions to effectively and efficiently service the public in locating materials and using online public access catalogs.
Candidates must possess a high school diploma (or equivalent) and have an understanding of general library policies, procedures, and functions. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. At least one year experience in a library or related field is required. Experience working with children is preferred. Successful candidate must successfully pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Compensation range for this position is $38,306 - $53,353
Applications are available on this website and can be downloaded. Completed applications and resumes’ may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the City of Pelham, Human Resources, at P.O. Box 1419, Pelham, AL 35124 or dropped off at Pelham City Hall. Final date to submit applications is December 14, 2018, at 5:00PM.