Departments include the following:
|Ballantrae Golf Club||Fire Department||Public Works|
|Building, Inspections & GIS||Human Resources||Racquet Club|
|Civic Complex & Ice Arena||Library||Revenue|
|Engineering||Municipal Court||Tennis Center|
|Facilities Maintenance & Landscaping||Parks & Recreation||Water & Sewer|
Current Employment Opportunities:
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER
The City of Pelham is currently seeking to fill our full time position for Front Office Manager at the Civic Complex and Ice Arena. This position is responsible for scheduling events as well as recording payments to customer’s accounts and maintaining accounts receivable records by performing the following duties:
- Prepares daily bank deposits and processes invoices for payment.
- Researches and processes charge backs, returns, and bad checks.
- Responds to account inquiries and follows up with customers.
- Ensures time and attendance entries are complete for Department.
- Assists with ticket sales, skate rentals, concessions and handing customers at the front window when needed.
- Books group ice time, birthday parties and assists with planning of large events.
- Orders office supplies.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus 2 years related experience and/or training in bookkeeping or accounting.
The compensation range for this position is $43,296 to $56,491. The City of Pelham also offers an excellent benefits package including Tier 1 RSA Retirement for all full time employees.
Applicant must satisfactorily pass a background investigation and pre-employment drug screen after receiving conditional offer of employment. Applications are available on this website and are available to download. Completed applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the City of Pelham, Human Resources, at P.O. Box 1419, Pelham, AL 35124, or may be dropped off at 401 Southgate Drive in Pelham. We will be accepting applications until September 30, 2020.
FACILITIES ASSISTANT/LABORER ~ PART TIME
The City of Pelham is currently seeking to fill our Part-Time position for Facilities Assistant/Laborer. This job involves keeping the premises of the Civic Complex building in clean and orderly condition by performing the following duties:
- Ensures facility is clean according to guidelines established by management.
- Assists with event set up.
- Performs light building maintenance duties.
- Provides excellent customer service to patrons.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus one month related experience and/or training.
Special Requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age due to position requirement to serve alcohol to patrons.
Salary Range: $8.00 + based on qualifications/experience.
Applicant must satisfactorily pass a background investigation and pre-employment drug screen after receiving conditional offer of employment. Completed applications must be emailed to email@example.com, or mailed to the City of Pelham Human Resources at P.O. Box 1419, Pelham, AL 35124, or may be dropped off in person. Position posted until filled.